The workforce landscape has changed. Individuals know that in order to remain employable throughout their career they must be willing to continually learn and develop new skills. As a result, they expect that their employer will provide both the tools and the support needed to help with career development. When employees do not receive these opportunities and support from their current employer, they seek out a new one who will provide them with the tools they need to succeed, exponentially increasing voluntary turnover rates.
The average total cost of voluntary turnover ranges from $62K to almost $300K per employee, because of hiring and retention costs. Expenses like that can greatly impact an organization’s ability to achieve strategic and financial goals.
One way to deal with the current talent shortage and the increasingly fierce competition for talent, is creating an effective Career Management strategy to attract, develop and retain the right talent, while unleashing the full potential of their workforce. To create these strategies, many forward thinking organizations are partnering with external consultants, like Right Management, to help them create and implement effective Career Management strategies.
Career Management the “Right” Way.
Our Career Management solutions provide organizations with a process to build a solid foundation of skills, brand and culture that help attract, engage and retain talent needed to achieve real, sustainable success. We believe that there are 3 pillars of an effective Career Management strategy:
1. Career Development – Create more employee engagement. If employees understand the needs of the organization and are able to align their strengths and career growth accordingly, this can help decrease voluntary turnover rates.
2. Manager as Coach – Train managers to conduct effective career coaching & development discussions with employees, enabling employee career growth and creating a higher quality talent pool.
3. Career Mobility – Create career advancement opportunities within the organization and strategically develop existing talent. Mobilize employees internally by highlighting opportunities within the organization.
Keeping those 3 pillars in mind, we developed RightCareer, our exclusive ‘Career Management solution; which is comprised of:
- Virtual, self-guided development solutions for individual employees delivered using an online portal
- Instructor led workshops and webinars
- Individual coaching sessions delivered by our experienced coaching staff
Regardless of the size of your organization, we can work with you to create and implement a scalable, flexible approach to Career Management that is customized to meet the unique needs of your organization.
When you partner with Right Management, our expert career counselors will create a plan to help your organization attract, develop and retain the right people, with the right skills, in the right roles. To learn more about our career management services and the results they can produce for your business, contact us today!