The world of work is changing. There is an increased focus on leadership and a smaller margin for error in the talent management process: talent acquisition, onboarding, talent review, organizational engagement and leadership & career development.
One way to help eliminate missteps in the talent management process is by administering assessments to potential new hires and existing employees. However, administering your own assessments can be difficult. Even the most savvy HR teams struggle to find options that are within their price point, evaluate key areas, and provide valuable insights. As a result, more companies are turning to 3rd parties, like Right Management, for their assessment needs.
Why Right Management?
We are assessment experts. We scan the marketplace for new tools and approaches. We listen and learn from our clients as they tell us about their experiences with different models. We carefully study and select only the best options. We engage test publishers to create custom methodologies that meet the unique needs of each of our clients.
Our Unique Approach to Assessment
Our talent assessments are created based on the following principles and models:
- Business Relevance – We tailor the assessment process to meet the specific goals of your organization; this includes simulations, feedback reports, development suggestions and interview questions specifically tailored to your organization.
- “Whole Person” Assessment Model – We take a holistic approach to assessments because it provides greater self-insight for participants and makes the assessment process more rigorous.
- Data-Driven Judgments – Our expert assessors and coaches use assessment data to formulate predictive inferences and objective judgments.
Integrating Assessment Results with Development – We see assessment results as the starting point for identifying robust developmental experiences. All of our reports contain a “development recommendations” sections
Diverse Assessment Offerings
At Right Management, we believe one of the best ways to assess an individual’s potential is by objectively observing their behavior in simulations or “exercises” which closely resemble common situations and challenges they will encounter on the job. We offer a wide variety of tools and exercises, including:
- In-basket exercises to see how leaders organize and prioritize in time-constrained situations
- Live, assessor-led role-plays with simulated peers, direct reports, and customers
- Presentations where participants present a business plan to showcase strategic thinking skills
- Interviews to better understand the participant’s accomplishments, goals, and aspirations
- Leaderless group discussions where the participants demonstrate communication, teamwork, and meeting facilitation skills
Talent Assessment with a Global Perspective
Right Management has a footprint in 50 countries worldwide with a network of over 730 trained assessors and coaches. When rolling out our assessments and leadership development programs at a global level, we partner closely with clients to determine if they need to deploy an approach that is globally consistent or regionally tailored. We find that for some clients, the most important criterion is a consistently delivered program that provides participants in Sao Paulo with the same experience as those participating in Tokyo or New York. However, other clients prefer a global rollout of programs tailored to the local culture, language, and values.
If you have questions about our Talent Assessment services, or would simply like to learn more, contact us today!